This week, Coffee and Bars have a lot to unpack. First of all, there’s the VMAs, particularly Beyonce’s domination of it. Then there’s also the extremely ugly hacking of Leslie Jones, the debut of Netflix’s The Get Down, Tom Ford’s misogyny and so much more. (9/1/16)
For this week’s links, continue on below!
Read and watch:
- The Ringer: ‘The Get Down’ Is The Origin Myth That Hip Hop Deserves
- Vulture: Amy Adams Is On A Different Planet
- Bust: Why Beyonce Is The Only Person That Mattered At The VMAs
- The Daily Beast: The Hacking Of Leslie Jones Exposes Misogynoir At Its Worst
- Den Of Geek: The ’90s Art Collective That Infiltrated ‘Melrose Place’
- Esquire: The VMAs Put Women In The Spotlight More Than Any Other Awards Show
Podcast intro music (Pump It by Tyler Twombly) is licensed under a Attribution License via CreativeCommons.org.