On episode number four of Coffee and Bars, we’re talking all the news that’s fit to have feelings about from the past week in pop culture. Among the topics: Beyonce’s Lemonade, Enya’s cat lady lifestyle, Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan’s capital-D Drama,empowering books for young feminists, Miley Cyrus’ tattoo oopie (and why do celebrities have such bad tattoos anyway?)… and more.
For this week’s links, continue on below!
Read and watch:
- New York Times: TV’s Dwindling Middle Class
- Vulture: Lewis Black Addresses Live’s Kelly Ripa And Michael Strahan Situation Like The Goddamn Disaster It Is
- LA Times: Angry While Female: Why It Matters That Beyonce, Kelly Ripa And Samantha Bee Aren’t Hiding Their Outrage
- Dlisted: Someone Clearly Missed The Astronomy Unit In 3rd Grade Science Class
- GQ: The Story Of Ben Affleck’s Crazy Back Tattoo Just Got Crazier
- Page Six: Inside The Bizarre Life Of Reclusive Singer Enya
- Consequence of Sound: Beyonce – Lemonade
- The Huffington Post: Focusing On Rachel Roy Diminishes The Power of ‘Lemonade’
- VSB: Where ‘Becky’ Comes From, And Why It’s Not Racist, Explained
Oh hi, Retta (circa 2012)!