On episode five of Coffee and Bars, co-hosts Sylvia Rodemeyer and Joe Erbentraut discuss the week in pop culture. Among this week’s topics: The Craft turns 20, RuPaul throws a DragCon, Mother’s Day looks terrible (but we love our moms) and (sorry Tina Fey) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has a sophomore slump (and a race problem).
For this week’s links, continue on below!
Read and watch:
- Vox: Why Does Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Keep Choosing Race As A Hill To Die On?
- HuffPost: ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ Doubles Down On Racial Problems In Season 2
- AV Club: ‘We Are The Weirdos, Mister’: The Craft And The Year Of The Teen Witch
- The Guardian: How We Made The Craft
- HitFix: ‘The Craft’ Remake Isn’t A Remake: It’s A ’20 Years Later’
- Ad Week: Groupon Lets You Send A Life-Size, 3-D Version Of Yourself To Mom For Mother’s Day
- Indiewire: ‘Mother’s Day’ Review: Jennifer Aniston And Kate Hudson Star In One Of The Worst Ensemble Comedies Ever Made