As we mourn the victims of the Pulse Nightclub massacre in Orlando, we discuss how to deal with community grief — how music can help, how allies (like Nick Jonas) sometimes cross a line and nostalgia in the form of our own “first gay bar” experiences. (6/21/16)
Listen and Subscribe to Episode 11 on iTunes
For this week’s links, continue on below!
Read and watch:
- MTV: Playlist: Love To Orlando
- Remezcla: Love Is Love: 20 Songs To Celebrate Queer Latinidad During Pride Month
- Vice: The Bizarre Taylor Swift Conspiracy Theory That She’s Secretly Gay
- New York Times: ‘My First Gay Bar’: Rachel Maddow, Andy Cohen And Others Share Their Coming Out Stories
- HuffPost: Dear Nick Jonas, There’s A Way To Be A Straight Ally. This Wasn’t It.
- Fader: What Kind Of Queer Ally Is Nick Jonas?
Podcast intro music (Pump It by Tyler Twombly) is licensed under a Attribution License via CreativeCommons.org.